Sunday, June 21, 2020

The Singer will appear--in The Finale

The FinaleThe Finale by Calvin Miller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The 3rd part of Calvin Miller's Singer Trilogy. This one is said to mirror Revelation; it chronicles a/the great last battle between Satan (World Hater) and the Singer or Troubadour who returns to wrap things up with Terra One--bringing with him a new Terra Two. The War of Fire ends with the World Hater bound & chained and pushed over the cliff's edge into the abyss--where he will spend eternity.

I'm giving this a 2-1/2 stars in my Reading Log. I didn't like it as much as The Singer or The Song; I sort of wished it had followed a little more of Revelation. But, it was creative and definitely fit in with the mood & characters & on-going conflict & plot of the previous volumes.

The cry echoes down through the ages:
"He comes in power,
Rejoice, the hour of
Jubilee is near.
Lift up the cry
Before we die,
our Singer will appear."


View all my reviews

No comments: