Tuesday, June 23, 2020

You rented what?? on your Italian excursion??

My Italian Bulldozer (Paul Stewart #1)My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ah, a *new* McCall Smith series--yeah! This is my first read in the new Paul Stewart series--he who is a food/wine writer. I like it a lot. Funny, touching, and filled with the usual interesting characters who have such interesting/engaging conversations. Paul takes a trip to Tuscany to complete a new book on Tuscan cuisine--and had some adventures along the way, including the unusual adventures of his, ahem, rental vehicle. What a hoot! And then there are all the women who end up descending on the little town where he's hole up doing his writing--and the drama that goes along with that. I won't spoil the fun--check it out. But, sometimes the very thing you're looking for has been right there, under your nose, for many years. A call to open our eyes & minds--to look at the world & people around us with clear vision.

Read on my Kindle--borrowed (thank you!) from the library. I'm ready soon to read #2 in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments: