Monday, June 08, 2020

Home to Holly Springs

Home to Holly SpringsHome to Holly Springs by Jan Karon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's been awhile since I read my last Karon book in the much-loved Mitford series, and, this one turns out to be quite different overall, as it hardly takes place in Mitford at all. Instead, Father Tim heads south with his good ole friend, big-dog Barnabas, to visit his hometown & roots--from which he's been gone for 38 years. All this based on an anonymous note he receives saying "Come back." Quite an adventure; quite the meetings & catching up with old friends, and some very interesting real-life findings from his past family's life that come out of the blue and do a bit of upside-downing of Father Tim's life. I identify with this adventure, as I finally returned after 30+ years to places where I'd grown up, to find how things had changed and/or moved on since I'd been there.

Borrowed the book from the library; read on my Kindle (only to find out the day I finished it that we actually have a copy of it on our bookshelf!). Oh well.


View all my reviews

No comments: