Thursday, May 28, 2020

Transcending Mission: The Eclipse of a Modern TraditionTranscending Mission: The Eclipse of a Modern Tradition by Michael W. Stroope
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had been looking forward to reading this book for awhile--finally got it as a birthday present (thanks, Mom!). It wasn't exactly what I was thinking it would be, though it was a great & insightful trip down through history and the various usages/corruptions of the word/concept of "mission." It gets quite technical in places; quite academic. I wish there had been more on various modern interpretations of mission--and new concepts & methodologies, from a big picture perspective, that have thankfully evolved in recent years, but there wasn't. Couldn't agree more that we need to be wholly focused on the Kingdom of God and all that this means, following the revolutionary words of the Messiah & King of Kings who came saying: "The Kingdom of God is (now) in your midst." Read on my iPad.


View all my reviews

No comments: