Sunday, May 03, 2020

The Last Dance (The Near-Earth Mysteries, #1)The Last Dance by Martin L. Shoemaker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't read a lot of science fiction, but saw this book for cheap (from BookBub, I believe) and picked it up. Well, I loved it and think it is quite well written. Very interesting story involving Earth-Moon-Mars commerce & interplanetary travel based on the Aldrin Cycler concept (using gravity & no-stop recycling loop to lessen fuel usage). There's been a ship captain charged with mutiny and a newly appointed Inspector General arrives on the scene to try to get to the bottom of things. Chapters are narrated with alternate characters sharing their insights & perspectives on the case and captain. Enjoyed the unraveling of all that had happened over the preceding years, building up to the current time (2080's), and involving some unfortunate incidents as the space ship swings around Mars--where shuttle landing crafts descend to the Martian surface & base. Read on my Kindle.


View all my reviews

No comments: