Thursday, May 28, 2020

Anything for BillyAnything for Billy by Larry McMurtry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have loved all the McMurtry books I've read so far--though none have been as good as Lonesome Dove (which I need to read again sometime). This one has probably been my least favorite, though it wasn't bad. It's a creative look at the life & times of Billy the Kid. Most things written about him, of course, are legend & legendary. McMurtry takes a pretty interesting angle in his story-telling, creating a dime novelist who comes out West all the way from Philadelphia to traipse around with the Kid. Some very interesting characters swirl around the book's action, journeys, and gun fights/killings. There's a lot of tongue-in-cheek humor in the retelling, for sure.


View all my reviews

No comments: