Sunday, April 12, 2020

What Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That MattersWhat Good Is God?: In Search of a Faith That Matters by Philip Yancey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another great Yancey book that my wife & I read together as a devotional book. This book focuses on six messages Yancey gave over several years--including one at Virginia Tech after the on-campus shooting, and another in Mumbai after the terrorist attack. I really liked the format: Yancey would spend one chapter giving background on the situation/context for the talk--then the next chapter was the full message. Many of the messages focused on grace--and how God's grace was what was so amazing & good about God, even in the midst of some pretty horrific circumstances. I love Yancey's realism, though, and his frank and honest way of dealing head-on with the various issues he spoke on/about, like alcoholism (AA) and prostitution (one message was to a rehab center for sex workers). So many good insights and quotes from these messages to be garnered. We read it on the iPad.


View all my reviews

No comments: