Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Last Arrow: Save Nothing for the Next LifeThe Last Arrow: Save Nothing for the Next Life by Erwin Raphael McManus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

McManus' books always have a good punch--they challenge, inspire, encourage, exhort, and push one towards a deeper walk with the Lord. Interesting to learn about his business "hiatus"--not sure what that was all about or why it happened (ministry burn-out?); but, seeing as I don't really keep current on all the church news back in the US, not surprising. Loved the way McManus uses the story of Elisha the Prophet to draw out some great spiritual lessons--especially focused on the one with the king who only struck his arrows three times and gave up. No, no--keep striking until you can't anymore! Read on my iPad--this was a birthday gift from one of my kids or my Mom (thanks!).


View all my reviews

No comments: