Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Sabbath and The Gospel: Finding Rest in the Completed Works of ChristThe Sabbath and The Gospel: Finding Rest in the Completed Works of Christ by Keith T. Ferguson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I liked Keith's book and thought it was a good exposition overall on the importance of the Sabbath in God's economy--and how it ties into the Gospel. Because a lot of people might tend to think it connects only with the Old Testament and the Law. No, it's part of God's built-in cycle of life that is there as a constant reminder that we ultimately cannot do things ourselves--without God's sovereignty and that we shouldn't try to do things on our own--without first coming from a good place of rest in God. I'm giving it a 3-1/2 in my Reading Log. I think it could have used a bit more on the practical side--examples of how one should and/or could build a regular Sabbath rest into their busy, over-productive, on-the-go constantly lives. Overall, a good book with some very important points focused on the heart of the Gospel message--we are fallen creatures and need God's grace in our lives. Read on my iPad.


View all my reviews

No comments: