Friday, April 10, 2020

Dreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole WorldDreaming the Beatles: The Love Story of One Band and the Whole World by Rob Sheffield
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

They weren't just the band that defined the 1960s--and ruled it by a mile--they're still just about the biggest band in the world today, who outsold everyone else still into the 2000s. The Fab Four, the Moptops, the focus of Beatlemania, or just John, Paul, George, & Ringo. I can remember falling in love with their music when I was in junior high school back in the late 1960s, and I still listen to them with avid interest in 2020. They set the mold, they broke the molds, they went beyond & outside the molds, both in their relatively short official Beatle career as a group--and in their solo careers. Sheffield does a great job of telling how it all happened and how it felt as it unfolded in the public eye. He digs deep, keeps things relevant, and writes with a humor or pithiness that draws one into the great unfolding story that was The Beatles. It could almost be a dream...that's still unfolding. Borrowed from the library; read on my Kindle.


View all my reviews

No comments: