Thursday, March 26, 2020

Here To StayHere To Stay by Mark  Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a rip-roaring thriller this turned out to be! My wife & I read this together--well, she mainly did the reading, first while we were driving to/from Muscat (from Dubai & via Al Ain), and then at home in the evenings. Some very memorable characters are well-fleshed out in the book--and there are some surprising twists & turns. Elliot--the main character from whose perspective we see things--has it all together and lives in a beautifully refurbished house on a quiet street in London. Hold on to your horses--things are about to drastically change following a drop-by open house visitor named Gemma, with whom Elliot surprisingly & quickly becomes involved. Great pace, great chapter endings that leave you hankering for the next, and colorful characters & dialog that move the story forward (& take you backward)--slowly untwisting a twisted family of characters who are "here to stay" in one way or another, at least until... This was my first Mark Edwards book--but probably not my last, as he's written numerous other thrillers that I look forward to reading one day. Read on the iPad/Kindle as an "audioCookbook"--which we got from one of our monthly Amazon Prime Reads choices.


View all my reviews

No comments: