Sunday, December 15, 2019

The Soul of Shame: Retelling the Stories We Believe about OurselvesThe Soul of Shame: Retelling the Stories We Believe about Ourselves by Curt Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Good, solid book on the subject of shame and its devilish way of powerfully influencing our minds/psyches. Great insights from the Genesis account of the Fall of Man (Adam & Eve)--and how Satan used shame & a false story to seduce Eve into doubting & disobeying God. Dr. Thompson gives some wonderfully helpful insights as he discusses & illustrates how the stories we constantly end up telling ourselves are so often used to dis-integrate ourselves & the picture we have of ourselves, which effects our esteem and treatment of others. I gave this a 3-1/3 stars in my Reading Log. Listened to the audiobook on my iPhone; borrowed from the library.


View all my reviews

No comments: