Sunday, December 22, 2019

A Wrinkle in TimeA Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, I finally got around to reading Madeleine L'Engle's classic, A Wrinkle in Time. It was OK--not as good as I thought it was going to be, based on the feedback/reviews of others. I didn't find the "other worlds" that convincing in their settings; same with the various creatures. Maybe at some point I will need to give it another chance. Maybe I am comparing this story/setting/characters too much to those of C.S. Lewis' Narnia & Space Trilogy series, which I've always found fascinating (& have reread at least a couple times). There are some interesting spiritual parallels in Wrinkle, though I'm not sure I either like the way they're integrated into the story or am not sure of L'Engle's purpose/meaning in them. Might have to do a little more research. Listened to this as an audiobook on my iPhone; borrowed from the library.


View all my reviews

No comments: