Friday, December 27, 2019

The Atomic City GirlsThe Atomic City Girls by Janet Beard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I actually read this book a bit by accident...a friend told me about a book on women who had worked at the WWII secret nuclear facility of Oak Ridge, Tennessee--and saw this book at my library and started reading it. I realized later that she wasn't talking about a novel--as this book is--but about a historical book on the Oak Ridge facility! Oh well, this was still an interesting book--and is based on the historical Oak Ridge and all that happened there as thousands of women worked unknowingly on producing enriched uranium (U-235) for the world's first atomic bomb, used in finally bringing Japan to full surrender in WWII. I listened to this audiobook on my iPhone; borrowed from the library. And, I've now also started the historical book which has a title very similar, but not exactly the same.


View all my reviews

No comments: