Thursday, November 07, 2019

Man's Search for Ultimate MeaningMan's Search for Ultimate Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

My first reading of Frankl--listened to this audiobook on my iPhone, borrowed from the library. I think I also need to read his prior volume called Man's Search for Meaning, which connects more to his experiences with German extermination camps. I gave this 2-1/2 stars in my Reading Log. I think Frankl does a good job of pointing out that man cannot just be an animal driven by basic needs--and "drives"--but obviously has other higher aims/purposes & needs to express a deeper meaning to/for life. And, by deduction, there is a greater/higher Being who must be behind it all, though Frankl's discussion here remains in analytical terms and leaves a lot to be desired. Not much in the way of any theological exploration.


View all my reviews

No comments: