Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money (with a Little Help from My Dad)Invested: How Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger Taught Me to Master My Mind, My Emotions, and My Money by Danielle Town
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I thought this book had some great investing insights & principles--and was told in an interesting way, as the author works closely for a year--under the tutelage of her star investor father--learning about value investing, a la Buffet & Munger (investing titans). The main focus of the book is how to calculate the right/best purchase price for a good company's stock--best to get it at a bargain price, ensuring your ultimate financial recouping/rewards. Unless there's a good reason to do so (& those reasons are enumerated within), good attention is also paid as to why to hold a stock long-term and benefit from compounded savings. This book confirmed some of what I've already learned and also taught & highlighted new things to make sure I focus on when making sound investments. I'm looking forward to tracking further in these areas with Danielle's website's resources, as well as her father's. Borrowed from the library; read on my Kindle.


View all my reviews

No comments: