Thursday, January 02, 2020

The Narnia Code: C. S. Lewis and the Secret of the Seven HeavensThe Narnia Code: C. S. Lewis and the Secret of the Seven Heavens by Michael  Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A fascinating analysis of the "hidden" themes that C. S. Lewis had in mind when he wrote the seven Chronicles of Narnia books. Ward came upon a "eureka" moment while reading one of Lewis' poems called "The Planets," which led him down a track of discovery with regards to how Lewis connected each book to one of the seven pre-Copernican planets. Lots of good archaic language with regards to these planets and their believed "influences" are discussed, as well as lots of examples from the characters, dialogs, and plots of each of the Narnian Chronicles. Makes me now want to read through the Chronicles for a 3rd time to better pick up on all these themes. I read this on my Kindle; borrowed from the library.


View all my reviews

No comments: