Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Joy of Reading: A Passionate Guide to 189 of the World's Best Authors and Their WorksThe Joy of Reading: A Passionate Guide to 189 of the World's Best Authors and Their Works by Charles Van Doren
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Lots of great info/background on some of the world's most classic reads. I gave this 3-1/2 stars in my Reading Log. It was good--but I found myself only being able to read so much at a time, and sometimes it was not as engaging as it could have been. I was thinking there would be more insights into reading well and how to get more out of classic works. There was some of that, but not much. There was good background on the authors, though, and some on other works of each author. I read this on my iPad; borrowed from the library (about 4x!).


View all my reviews

No comments: