Monday, January 20, 2020

Dying: A MemoirDying: A Memoir by Cory Taylor
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I'm giving this a 2-1/2 stars in my Reading Log, as I deem it a little bit better than OK. I thought the writer was brave & courageous to take on the topic of her immanent death from cancer. She did a fair job of telling some of her family's history--of her parents' & their issues/struggles, and of the troubles between her & her siblings, all of whom survived their parent's & the author's deaths. It was sad to see another person so blinded by the prevailing western scientific-materialistic outlook on life--there's nothing after our short & fleeting life...even though the author illustrated the natural human longing for living forever--and for not having to leave life as it has been known, or family/friends. I listened to this audiobook on my iPhone; bought from chirp.com (at a great price).


View all my reviews

No comments: