Thursday, February 13, 2020

The Body: A Guide for OccupantsThe Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!--what a book! Amazing tour through the whole body, section by section. Bryson makes it all so interesting, engaging, insightful, and awe-some. Yes, awesome in the sense that one has to just step back and give praise to the Creator who designed such an intricate, amazing, incredible, complex, unrivaled piece of machinery--the human body. Oh, wait, it's not just a hunk of random man-made machinery...it's a divinely designed body, mind & soul that cannot be replicated. One of the common themes that crops up is--despite all the years of studying, the best minds still don't understand why or how this part of the body or mind works in such & such a way. A great treatise on all the amazing facts of how our bodies and minds work--and of the medical discoveries & the discoverers down through the centuries, as only a great writer like Bryson can pen. His writing just continue to get better in my opinion. I got this as a Christmas gift from one of my children--read it on my iPad. Check it out!


View all my reviews

No comments: