Friday, February 07, 2020

Good Talk: A Memoir in ConversationsGood Talk: A Memoir in Conversations by Mira Jacob
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My first Mira Jacob book--and I really had no idea what I was getting into! First off, I didn't realize it was fangled graphic novel, a mixture of drawings and photos. Very creatively done. Secondly, I had no idea that it was a novel tackling the issue of racism (& cultural superiority & appropriation) today in America--and especially the way East Indians (Indian Americans; South Asian Indians) have had to deal with these issues, increasingly after 9/11. Real life issues tackled in a humorous, but also serious manner. I gather it's autobiographical, though I've not yet really researched into Jacob's life & history. Borrowed from the library; read on my Kindle.


View all my reviews

No comments: