Sunday, February 23, 2020

Behold the DreamersBehold the Dreamers by Imbolo Mbue
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't know what to expect with this book, but was pleasantly surprised. I found the characters, plot, and context very interesting--and the whole area of what/who "dreamers" are to be quite fascinating. Having been out of the country for years, the whole upsurge in the news & politics concerning dreamers was something I didn't quite understand. Having the book set in NYC and around the financial crash/crisis of 2008 and the fall of Lehman Brothers made for interesting conflicts & crises--ones that were very real and affected many. I loved the Cameroonian characters in this book--and especially their accents & rhythm in the audiobook version. I borrowed this from the library & read it on my iPhone.


View all my reviews

No comments: