Monday, August 14, 2017

Three Years in Afghanistan: An American Family's Story of Faith, Endurance, and LoveThree Years in Afghanistan: An American Family's Story of Faith, Endurance, and Love by Matthew  Collins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Enjoyed this book on a family's adventurous journey of faith in Afghanistan by Matthew Collins. This is my first book read totally on my (rather new) iPhone and it was a good read. I know the real Matthew and have been on some adventures with him myself, including at least one described in the book that ended up in with some wet results. I loved the humor the author injects throughout the book, as well as the insights into what is really entailed in living/working in as complicated a context as Afghanistan. I greatly appreciated Matthew's transparency and willingness to humbly admit his struggles and failures along the way--as well as the victories and great lessons learned in trusting God with his family's lives.


View all my reviews

No comments: